May 1, 2012

Painting. And More Painting.

Hi Peeps!!  I've been doing so little crafting.  OK, so NO crafting.  But I've been busy- trying to paint almost my entire 1st floor.  I've started with my craft studio which is in what used to be our formal dining room (that we never used).  It is open to the living room and shares a common wall with the kitchen which had already been painted years ago but is also getting a redo, more on that later.  And the ceiling is continuous too.  A couple  patch jobs from leaky plumbing a couple years ago really made me want to repaint the entire ceiling.  I've never done a ceiling before but now I know why folks do not like doing them - What a PITA!!  Or more accurately, PITN (neck) lol!! But after a couple coats it really looks so much better and was totally worth it.

Here's some pics of the work in progress....

My craft studio covered in plastic and sheets:




This chocolate brown color was my crazy idea a few years ago, but I reeeeally disliked the color once it was up and so I never finished the job.  The unfinished state drove poor dear hubby crazy these last couple years, and I really think that the only reason he agreed with me painting my area a dark teal color was to just get this room finished, color didn't matter at this point, lol!




Here's the kitchen area ready for ceiling paint:




All the plastic draping down onto the floor was a fun new "playground" for my cat Dory.  She'd climb under it and when I'd hiss at her she'd do the Bugs Bunny peel out with plastic flying and paws scrambling but not getting anywhere.  She is lucky she is so darn sweet and cute or she may not have survived this long, lol!




When I was finally ready to paint the walls, my daughter was home on spring vacation and she desperately wanted to help.  I gave her this area to paint (which would be hidden by the cabinet that the big guinea pig cage sits on, heehee!) and I let her go to it.  After about 20 minutes (and getting more paint all over mommy's hands, hair and clothes than the wall from waving her roller while talking) she commented about how hard it was, then dramatically wiped the back of her hand across her forehead and simply stated in a sweet tired voice "I'm all done."  She was so proud to have helped though, too CUTE!!!




 And she is not the only one that wanted to help.... 




 I didn't know that cats could climb ladders!  And apparently this cat didn't know that she couldn't climb down, hahaha!!  She'd wobble and look at me with this little helpless look of "Help me. Please!"  LOL!!

But she had her share of fun with the sheets covering the floor.  I turned the corner more than once to find a lump under them moving across the floor.  And when I called her name she'd back out and sit with a look like "Whaaaat...?"   OMGosh this cat cracks me up!!



So my craft area is finally all painted and curtains are 99% finished, but any horizontal space is still covered in piles of stuff.  I'll take pics of the completed project once I clear it up a bit.  First I have to repaint the kitchen walls, then I can put all the decorative dust collectors that are currenlty piled on my craft table and desk back on top of the kitchen cabinets.  That painting job is this week's project, I hope.  The paint we used last time still rubs off if you touch it and it's been three years, crazy.  So we are going with Sherwin Williams this time to cover it up.  The dark red we are using is more of a barn red than we currently have, and I think I'm gonna love it even more.

Then comes the living room and hallway.

Then comes the breezeway.

Then comes my daughter's bedroom.

Will it ever end????


Thanks for visiting!

4 comments :

  1. At some point my husband and I are going to have to do this............. You are doing an amazing job Denni - well done you!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then there is M's house and then mine! :) You are doing awesome and now it just goes to show you really have been working hard. Those pictures prove it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where are the updated painting photos?? :)

    ReplyDelete