June 19, 2012

It takes a village....and a florist!


I thought I was being pretty tricky when I decided to get some little plants to give the teachers for the end of the year, thinking it would be easier and faster since I was running out of time.  But I forget sometimes how many teachers and staff my daughter actually works with - ohmygosh it DOES take a village to raise a child, lol!

I picked up some super pretty Mexican Heather plants and repotted them in simple clay pots that I sprayed with textured copper spray paint.  I made little tags using my Cameo and the print and cut feature.  This is only the second time I've done P&C and I found myself all excited again at how easy and amazing this really is.  I have to do more of it!



For the homeroom teacher I used a bunch of my new Penny Black stamps (my new addiction) and made some super simple blank note cards to go with the plant.















So last year at this time I was whining about my little princess becoming a big 1st grader....well this year I'm whining alot louder with her going into 2nd grade.  Just how did THAT happen?!?!!!   LOL!!

Have a GREAT summer to all you teachers and school staff out there - you've earned it!


Thanks for visiting!

5 comments :

  1. Denni, I am just awe struck by all your creative and beautiful work on these projects! You have motivated me to color up some Penny Black! I'll have to refer back to your post as my coloring guide. I'm whining with you, my baby just finished 2nd grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Denni your daughter has some very lucky teachers this year! I love Penny Black stamps too and those cards are just adorable.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what lovely gifts, especially love the notelets.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, buddy, you have been busy! Love Penny Black and all your projects. Soooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the teachers and school staff all enjoyed their goodie. Gorgeous creations.

    ReplyDelete