August 28, 2012

Back To School Bouquet

I thought if my daughter had a little something to give her new second grade teacher that it might help calm her nerves about the first day of school.  But of course I didn't think of this until the day before school started so it had to be something simple, easy and quick.  I love giving gifts that are practical and fun (and what teacher doesn't need supplies!) and I found the perfect inspiration here.

I already had the pencils from stocking up at back to school sales and the tomato paste can was in my "oh I'm gonna need this someday" stash so we were ready to make our flowers. 


 
 
She had so much fun assembling and arranging the flowers.  And rearranging them, several times, lol!  Then we tucked in a small card with a little "Welcome Back" note inside that she signed and I think she finally felt so much better about the first day.

Now if they can just survive the rainy day trip in her backpack to school today, lol!



Thanks for visiting!

3 comments :

  1. What a wonderful idea! I bet she loved it, who wouldn't?! The card is so sweet, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Sweet Cheeks is so sweet to give this to her teacher! She did a wonderful job. :) Hope she had a wonderful first day of second grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea - I'm sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete