September 2, 2012

6 Point Star Box Tutorial

I received a request from a fellow Cameo user to do a tutorial for the 6 Point Star Box by Kenzie Daley and Snapdragon Snippets.  No need to twist my arm to make me play with my Cameo unexpectedly, lol!!

So here's what I came up with:



And here is how I did it:

The design file includes the box bottom & top, and also accent pieces in case you want to embellish it a bit.

(click on images for more detail)




Creating the Box Top:
The two star shapes are slightly different in size - the larger one is the box top.




Fold the tabs of the larger star shape and accordion fold the thin strips which will form the sides of the box top.




You could attach the two thin strips together first, but I chose to work with just one at a time.  I started by gluing tabs from the star piece to the middle of one of the strips and then worked my way out.  I left the tab on the end and the last section on the other end unattached.




Then I glued the square end of the second strip (not the tab end) over the tab of the first strip, and then attached both to the star tab. 




Work your way around and attach the tab at the end of the strip under the section that was left unattached from the first strip, then glue to the final star tab.




Box Bottom:
Assemble this the same way as the top, using the smaller star and the wider strips.




Again, you can either attach both of the wide strips together first or work with them one at a time.




And you now have a cute box!

 



Add your accent pieces and now you have a super cute box!




And if you add flowers, a butterfly and some glitter, you now have a super cute box that is worthy of being stolen by your six year old as soon as you turn your back, lol!!




Thanks for visiting!


6 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for that tutorial! Such a cute box and, yes, my girls would swipe that quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!....this box is stunning!..you are so creative with the deco of your tutorials. Thank you SO much, appreciate your help alot. Can't wait to assemble my box. I will email you a pic mine. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable star box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I just put the box on my wishlist, and if it's OK, I'd like to pin it on Pinterest, too! Thank you for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! And Barbara, I would be honored to have you pin my post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my box!!! Thank you.:)

    ReplyDelete