October 30, 2012

Moonlit Hurricane

Hey there!  I hope all of my east coast peeps made it ok through the storm yesterday.  All I can say is WOW.  We were somehow spared a power outage and only lost our phone/tv/internet services until tonight.  Even my yard escaped damage, no flooding and only small branches to clean up.  Lucky and thankful!

The storm was still winding down today so I just did some yard clean-up and didn't venture down the street yet, but tonight I'm catching up on the news reports of the statewide damage and Oh.My.Gosh.  What incredible destruction Sandy has left in her path.  My thoughts are with everyone here in CT and those in other areas who are dealing with the aftermath of this historic storm.  Hugs to you all.

In the middle of the storm last night I stepped outside.  I can only describe the sound of the wind as a steady and non-stop roar.  But I think it was from the winds above tree level because at ground level it wasn't pushing me around, and the tree branches were swaying but not as wildly as earlier.  (I never would have stepped outside if they were!)

I could actually feel the energy of the storm in the air.  As I stood there in my driveway admiring the moon peeking through the clouds speeding overhead, I couldn't help but just be in awe of the power and strength of nature.  Knowing what devastation this same storm was causing hundreds of miles away at this same moment just made me feel so small.  It's one of those moments that just sticks with you - the smell, the feel, the sight, the sound.  It captures every sense in an almost haunting way.

And of course I grabbed my camera...




1 comment :

  1. I'm glad you are safe Denni! You photo is quite amazing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete