October 5, 2012

Shh! It's a Surprise!

Well, at least it was supposed to be a surprise, lol! But it all worked out great and my peep had a really nice party to celebrate her "twenty-second 29th birthday".  I was one of the lucky ones to be asked by her mom to help out with some of the crafty items when she was planning it all, and I got to make the invitations.  Yay!  but Ohhh the pressure!  It had to be pretty, it had to be special, and most of all it had to be manageable enough to duplicate a couple dozen times.

So I played with some designs from the Silhouette Online Store and modified them a bit to fit 5x7 and this is what I came up with:




The lacy card base is by Loni Stevens  (oh how I adore all of her cut out edged card bases!!).  I used the offset tool to create the white backing layer which I turned into a print and cut design so I could print out the invite details on the inside.  I've started playing a bit more with the print and cut feature of my Cameo and it is amazing how easy and fun it is.  If you have NOT tried it yet (I won't name names Miss Diana)  you HAVE to try it.  It's a whole new ball game girl.  Just DO IT!! LOL!!

The balloon banner is by Jamie Koay.  I merged it with the text (SNF Applause) - I love this font!  Just whimsical enough to be fun but still very easy to cut at a small size.  I used some shimmery Creative Memories papers, added a little stitching and some Pearl Pen touches and it was done.  

Special card, special peep, special memories.


Thanks for visiting!

4 comments :

  1. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed to have my Peeps! Thank you for creating such gorgeous invitations for my special celebration.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I found it. ;) Yes, I need to practice...sigh......And need about 10 more hours in the day...or at least for my class to be done...

    ReplyDelete