April 10, 2014

Loom Band Organizing

If you have a young daughter, then she probably has one of those Rainbow Looms (or similar), and YOU probably have a zillion of those itty bitty loom bands all over your house.  Ask me how I know!  I tried to help keep them contained by getting one of the organizer cases with all the compartments to hold the loom and a bunch of bands but she quickly outgrew it.

So this is what I came up with to wrangle up the overflow!



To accommodate her ever changing inventory I decided on a design by Snapdragon Snippets that includes differently sized drawers.  I glued three of these units together and added some extra panels to decorate the outside edges.  To make it easier to see what color bands were in each drawer, I used a brad and fastened one of the bands to the drawer front through a punched out butterfly.  I can easily change out each band if she needs to move colors around, plus they work as a great little pull for the drawers.

So, now that she has a cute desktop organizer, I won't be finding any more bands all over the house.

Yeah, right, lol!!!


Thanks for visiting!


4 comments :

  1. Oh Denni! I've missed seeing your beautiful talent of color and paper. You take our stuff and make it ten times what we could do. Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie your kind words mean so much to me, thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, ewhat a wonderfull idea !!!
    Love the Little butterflies withe the extra wings (bands)...
    it Looks such cute
    TFS hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete