August 27, 2014

Back To School Pencil Box for the Teacher

So today is yet another "how did THAT happen?!" day in my house.  My little princess started back to school this morning as a 4th grader.  Wow.  I know I say it every year but gosh, time flies!

We love to send in a little something to the new teacher each year and I usually try to include some kind of classroom supply that I know will be needed.  This year we wanted to send in pencils, so I was looking for a creative way to package them and check out the cute box design we found from SVG Cuts in their  School Days SVG Kit!



The original design wasn't quite tall enough to fit our bundle of pencils so I stretched the length of the main pencil shape (the yellow) to 7" and then it fit perfectly!




I added some embossing on the shimmery silver "metal" ring to give it a little pop, and I used a cool shimmery black cardstock from Creative Memories for the pencil "lead".  Just that hint of sparkle makes it look more graphite looking.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this box!


Thanks for visiting!

No comments :

Post a Comment