August 6, 2014

Bewitched Cabin


*checkout my updated cabin HERE !


I tried, I really tried.  I had pulled out a stack of black cardstock, sorted my Halloween papers all over the counter top, and had SVG Cuts' much anticipated new Haunted Forest SVG Kit downloaded and ready to cut.  But I just couldn't do it.  Nope.  It is STILL Summer.  It is STILL sticky and muggy outside.  I just can't bring myself to do Fall yet!!!  LOL!

The next best thing?  A shabby chic inspired summer version of the Bewitched Cabin!  ;)



I love the Maple Manor from last year, but I love, love, LOVE the whimsy in this house.  The swoopy roof, tree framed porch, ornate peaks, bits of picket fence and the wonky chimney are just irresistible!




I would have been happy enough to make this as just a decorative item, but not only did Mary design it as a box, she added a neatly finished interior so it could be used as a pretty gift box.  Nice.


I used the Floral K&Co paper pad by Susan Winget.  Originally I wanted to fussy cut some of the butterflies from the sheets and use them as little 3D accents, and then add some of the flowers to the back wall, but there's so much detail in the house already that it really doesn't need much extra.

And what do you think happened when I turned my back?  A little mini sized crafting sweetie decided she needed to add her own touch.  Apparently my creation was missing a much needed "Welcome" mat and friendly face to greet company, lol!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments :

Post a Comment