August 10, 2014

French Country Card... and a Bug

I finally bought the Graphic 45 French Country paper pad, and it is even prettier than it looked online! I love how G45 gives you a couple sheets of designs in these pads that are perfect for quick cards (not that I ever procrastinate and need quick....ya right lol!).  Their images are so gorgeous that you can get away with just adding a few (I added five) mats and voila! It looks good enough to frame! If I did have a bit of time though, I would love to do some fussy cutting with those sunflowers - what a "wow" factor that would be!




After finishing my card, my daughter and I headed outside, and she almost flipped out when we looked up above the window and hanging on the side of the house we saw the biggest katydid I've ever seen. This fellow is over three inches long!  I have to admit that I've never really looked one square in the face before.  They are cute when they are little and tucked in my garden plants, but big like this and up close is another story, yikes!  Lol!
He sat on the side of the house watching over us as my daughter played in the pool. Every once in a while he'd tilt his head a little, which I think might have helped to make him look a little cuter.  I'm just glad he didn't jump off onto my head when I was taking his picture!

Well, that was our excitement for the day, hope you had some fun in your backyard!


Thanks for visiting!

No comments :

Post a Comment