January 10, 2015

Christmas Ornament & Card

I know I said I was done with Christmas and ready for Valentine's, but oops, I lied!  Lookie what I found - two more Christmas projects to post!

A spindle ornament from SVG Cuts



Look at all that shimmery sparkle!  The paper is from the same DCWV pad that I used on the Mistletoe Manor.  Sooooo pretty!  I love the shape of this but the original file makes a pretty large ornament, so I shrunk it down a bit to 6".  It wasn't too hard to assemble at that size, but any smaller and I think it would get a little tricky.  And the glue didn't stick as quickly on this paper because of the glitter, so maybe plain papers would be easier too.  But it was worth it all because I LOVE this style!   The svg kit has a few ornaments that I really love, and I will have to start earlier next year so I can get a chance to make them all.  (can you say New Year Resolution??  heehee!)



And my last Christmas project (I promise!!) is a card I made for my daughter's teachers, bus driver, school staff and a few of my special peeps.



I needed to make a dozen cards and wanted something simple because I was running late getting them started, but I didn't want something too plain.  I found this super cute design by Nic Squirrel in the Silhouette Design Store.  I wasn't sure if I liked the stars in the original design so I took them out and added some tiny punched snowflakes instead.  I used Bazzill Bling white paper for a little shimmery touch, but I decided it needed more sparkle so I added crystal gems to the snowflakes.  Simple card, but I really like the end result with the shimmer and bling.

So that's it!  Now on to Valentine's.  :)


Thanks for visiting!

1 comment :

  1. Your ornament is gorgeous! I love the shimmer and that shape! Great idea for the snowflakes and the deer image has so much interest by itself, it makes a perfect CAS card.

    ReplyDelete