February 11, 2015

You Rock! & Time To Party!

The snow just won't quit here in the northeast, and although the shoveling is good exercise, it is seriously interfering with my crafting time - and that is not nice!

My dear hubby and his dad have birthdays a week apart and I took a quick little snow cleanup break to make a couple simple cards.  I pulled out my Penny Black's that I adore and used my Distress Markers (which feel so foreign to me because I can't remember the last time they saw any lovin'), and I finally got to play with my new stitched dies from My Favorite Things and My Creative Time - LOVE those! 



I finally tried masking with the stamps to put the pile of gifts behind the hedgie.  I've always wanted to do that and it really is so easy.  There's Glossy Accents on the balloon, Distress Stickles on the hedgies, and my favorite Star Dust Stickles on the drums.

Well I'm off to finish shoveling before the deep Arctic freeze blows in tomorrow night and turns everything to a block of ice with sub-zero temps.  I've got walled paths everywhere I need them and I am pretty much done except for a patchy layer of icy snow on the deck, which shouldn't take too much more chipping.  Then I can finish my Valentine's before the next storm this weekend....sigh....

It's getting hard to see out my window!
(and there's nothing under that snow except for more snow)

Stay warm peeps!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment :

  1. I love both of your cards! The gifts behind the hedgie are so fun! Amazing amount of snow, crazy!

    ReplyDelete