May 1, 2015

It's Teacher Appreciation time again!

I've been busy, busy, busy!  We went to Disney World for spring vacation.  Ohmygosh what fun we had!  It was much hotter than I expected but after the long, cold winter we've had in the Northeast this year it was a welcome change.

And now that we are back I know the rest of the school year is going to just fly. Teacher Appreciation Day usually creeps up on me fast and I usually find myself scrambling to put together a crafty little something for the staff.  But this year it didn't. I actually started my sneaky planning a month ago when I was inspired by a fun idea on Pinterest.

I volunteer in my daughter's class every week and a couple weeks ago when the teacher asked me to help the kids with a Mother's Day project in the next classroom I found my opportunity to also kickstart my project!  I snapped pics of each child's hands in the heart shape sign, then used Photoshop to add each child's chosen color for the background.  I placed them as a border around a quote design I found in the Silhouette Design Store by Kolette Hall.  (the text is cut from a gorgeous shimmery Creative Memories cardstock that cuts like butter in my Cameo)  I placed it all inside a Shadow Box Frame by Lori Whitlock (also in the Sil Design Store).




My daughter's teacher is the best.  The absolute BEST.  She truly loves working with every child and you can see it in her eyes and her warm smile every day as proof.  I'm really going to miss this amazing lady next year.

The kids are excited to give this gift to her, and they have been able to keep it all hush so far, even the boys who look like they are about to explode because they are so excited to be doing something sneaky too, lol!  I can't wait for Tuesday to get here, it is going to be so much fun watching the kids present this to their teacher.


Thanks for visiting!

No comments :

Post a Comment