August 20, 2015

3D Wedding Cake

When I saw this new Mr. & Mrs. kit from SVG Cuts I knew right away I had to make it for the same friend who I had made wedding invitations for a few months ago.



I used her wedding colors in the flowers and the same embossing design for the layer panels that I used on her invitations.  I added some gold cording and a bunch of metallic sticker flourishes to the gold glittery pedestal, and I used a zillion pearls and glass bead strands with some crochet ribbon to each layer.  There's also satin ribbon around the base of each layer.  I'm surprised the cake didn't crush the pedestal from the weight of all the bling, lol!

Each cake layer lifts off to reveal a hidden box.  But, to be honest, these boxes do not fit together easily.  The "lids" are very tight and tricky to put together.  If I try making this design again, I may try tweaking the box sizes a smidge to make them close better.  But I do still adore this file.  Oh and by the way, it is HUGE! About 18" tall!

Another Mary hit!

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments :

  1. Wow this looks fantastic but a lot of work and patience I'm sure :-). Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vicki! It was a lot of work but a labor of love too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks incredible, Denni!! The embossing and details and pretty flowers are beautiful! I love the colors you chose! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete