August 23, 2015

80 Candle Accordion Birthday Card

I was lucky enough to attend a Karen Burniston card making class a few months ago, and ohmygosh I love how her brain twists to create these accordion dies!  The cards close flat and are A2 size, but when they open up into an accordion fold there are little connecting windows that swivel out and zigzag in the opposite direction.  So FUN!

I've seen them a couple times online, and they looked interesting, but once I saw them in action I had to get a couple of them (Accordion Rectangle and Katie Label Accordion plus the coordinating Katie Stars Frame Edges).  And then I couldn't resist using them to include 80 candles for a special friend's milestone birthday this month, heehee!!

The stamp is by Art Impressions and was PERFECT for my project...




The font I used is called "SNF Jolly Curls" (Design ID #89674) and the candles are "3 Birthday Candles" (Design ID #59293) by Lisa Norris, both from the Silhouette Design Store.  The symmetrical part of my nature absolutely LOVED the fact that I could put 5 candles on each panel of the sentiment and have everything all balanced.  ;)


The card ended up being so long that was hard for me to find a spot to take a full picture of it, lol!  And when it was folded it was so thick that I had to make a box to put it in instead of an envelope.

That was alot of die cutting by hand, especially the frames since you can only cut one short and one long side at a time - not easy when you are making a total of 18 panels!  I'm not used to that anymore after being spoiled with my Cameo and Eclips, lol!


Thanks for visiting!

No comments :

Post a Comment