March 5, 2016

Meet my new friend - chalk paint!

I've heard about chalk paint but never really saw what all the hype was.  And then this week I finally tried some.  OHMYGOSH!!  I am in love!



Last week in Michael's I found some cute mini mason jars by Tim Holtz and decided to paint them.  I used Folk Art and Waverly chalk paints in white, mustard yellow and moss green, then finished with a clear wax.  They ended up looking almost like a patina color - I just love it!

It was so much fun getting a little messy again with paints instead of just glue - layering colors, distressing with sandpaper, and adding some random buttons to dress them up a bit.  Now my beautiful Prismas have a super cute spot on my table, where they will hopefully tempt me more often to play!

Chalk paint goes on so easily without a primer, and they distress so nicely - I just want to paint everything.  Seriously, everything!

If you haven't tried chalk paints yet, you need to - their hype is well earned!  You can thank me later.  :)


Thanks for visiting!

1 comment :

  1. How cool!! I'll have to give it a try! I keep hearing about chalk paint too... Looks and sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete