March 30, 2016

Pagoda Night-Light Box

I have been trying to be good about my crafty time management, but ohgosh did I push it to the limit today!




My daughter's last after-school art class was this afternoon.  She has been participating in this program for the past three years, but next year she will be attending a different school so she won't have this program available.  We both want to cry about that.  This teacher is amazing!  She is a true artist to the core - complete with that flowy, artsy personality.  (I wish I had better words to describe that, lol!)

I wanted to make a thank you gift to give her after class today.  I started picking out papers last week and figured I'd cut and glue this weekend.  But one thing after another happened and time got away from me, sooo....here I was this morning, left with 4 hours today to create.  YIKES!  But I didn't freak out, I just took it one gluey piece at a time.

This is a bigger project than I was expecting.  It is from the SVGcuts Spring Blossoms SVG Kit.  I didn't have any pastel or springy floral papers that jumped out at me,  so I decided on Graphic 45's Couture collection.  I LOVE the deep teal and orange-reds with the glittery gold and black.

The curvy roof was a little tricky but I did manage to make it work.  With a half hour to go I still wasn't sure I could finish, but somehow I did!  I even managed a quick minute to take a couple pics. Then as I was heading for the door I noticed that I forgot some trim pieces!  Eeeek!  I ran back in, glued them on in a flash and took another quick pic.  No time to wrap it so I just popped it in a build-a-bear bag (really classy, eh?) and flew.




Have you ever cut a deadline THAT close before?  No time to double check anything, no time to tweak and tinker and embellish, no chance to sit with a big goofy grin on your face as you admire your hard work (everyone does that don't they?).  But in the end I got it done, and she loved it, so that is what counts :)


Thanks for visiting!

2 comments :

  1. Wow! It looks amazing!! So pretty in those colors and papers! Your daughter's teacher sounds so special and she must have loved it! And how amazing that you pulled it off under time constraints! Thanks for sharing, Denni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by this wonderful creation! Your papers are perfect and your construction is impeccable! I cannot imagine doing that under a time pressure. You should be so happy with those results.

    ReplyDelete